As I mentioned last month, about a year ago I decided to go natural and stopped chemically straightening my hair. So now I wear it curly and just got a major cut too! In order to keep my textured hair moisturized and healthy, I have to use products that can really take care of my hair. I’ve been trying a variety of curly hair specific lines and so far one of my favorites is Shea Moisture. Specifically their Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser, their Deep Treatment Masque and their Strengthen, Grow & Restore Styling Lotion, all of which you can find at Sally Beauty. I’ve partnered with Sally Beauty to bring you some more healthy hair tips! It’s all about caring for your locks and bringing you awesome hair care solutions, that you can find at Sally Beauty.
Here are 5 tips for caring for textured, curly and/or natural hair:
- Keep it moisturized by shampooing with a moisture rich cleanser or co-wash it and use a conditioner to shampoo! It’s a great way to add much needed moisture to your curly locks.
- Apply a deep conditioning mask once a week and leave it on as long as you can. A few hours is great or sleeping with it overnight is even better. Cover your conditioned hair with plastic wrap and a scarf to keep it in place while sleeping.
- Get your hair trimmed every 3 months to ensure you get rid of damaged ends.
- Only use styling products with conditioning components that won’t dry out your hair and try to use little of no heat on your hair. Too much heat can damage your natural curl pattern which is no bueno.
- Comb your hair with a large tooth comb or your fingers! This helps to keep your curls looking their best.
And there you go…5 tips to help keep your curly mane healthy! Have you decided to embrace texture like me? Sally Beauty offers solutions for all hair challenges: SallyBeauty.com/SolutionGuide. Whether you’re looking to repair damage, add volume, restore youth, extend color, or fight frizzy hair, you can #❤️yourhair with solutions from Sally Beauty.