In the words of Nina Garcia, Fashion Director of Marie Claire: “White is chic all year round. Rules are made to be broken.” Yes, preach on sister! Seriously, I have a problem with most fashion rules, especially the ones that have to do with color. No white after Labor Day. Don’t mix navy and black. Don’t wear red if you’re a red head. Blah, blah, blah! There are ways to work around any rule, so why bother with them in the first place?
Here are some styling tips for wearing white when Summer’s over: Go for muted whites instead of super bright whites. Layer up with chunky white knits. Grab a pair of corduroys in white or cream, in place of white jeans or slacks. Whatever white you choose, winter it up with boots, tights, blazers, jackets and layers. Happy Shopping!
- 1. Asos Boyfriend Blazer $119
- 2. Urban Outfitters Les Folles De Joie Corduroy Pants $89
- 3. JCrew Cambridge Cable Turtleneck Sweater $98
- 4. Asos Square Neck Cap Sleeve Dress $73
- 5. JCrew Mixed Stitch Cardigan $40 On Sale
- 6. Zara Two-Toned Skirt $50