In honor of Earth Day, I want to tell you about two great designers producing Earth friendly fashion: Jungle Gurl & People Tree. Check out their stories and photos below, visit their sites, and let me know what you think. HAPPY EARTH DAY!
Jungle Gurl: The concept is simple, eco-science and yet ever-so chic. Take vintage fabrics that the former model-cum-actress-cum-designer, Natalie Golonka, has amassed over years of global travel and rework them into fabulously flattering one-of-a-kind bikinis. The first of which were quickly snapped up by LA notables Fred Segal and Planet Blue, and have since spread to several boutiques across the country. Hot!
People Tree: All you need to learn more about this UK based fashion company is their very insightful Mission Statement.
- To support producer partners’ efforts towards economic independence and control over their environment and to challenge the power structures that undermine their rights to a livelihood.
- To protect the environment and use natural resources sustainably throughout our trading and to promote environmentally responsible lifestyles and environmental initiatives to create new models to promote sustainability.
- To supply customers with good quality products, with friendly and efficient service and build awareness to empower consumers and producers to participate in Fair Trade and environmentally sustainable solutions.
- To provide a supportive environment to all stakeholders and promote dialogue and understanding between them.
- To set an example to business and the government of a Fair Trade model of business based on partnership, people-centred values and sustainability.