Free Your Beauty with Burt’s Bees
While I love all the fashion that comes out of fashion week season, I’m also inspired by the beauty.
Shop The Post
While I love all the fashion that comes out of fashion week season, I’m also inspired by the beauty. That’s why I am so excited to be teaming up with one of my favorite beauty brands, Burt’s Bees, to explore what beauty means to me.
This season it seems that designers are stepping “out of the box” and using more diverse models. I’ve seen diversity in ethnicities, ages and body types from NY to Milan to Paris. To me, that is beautiful. Beauty is diversity. Diversity is beautiful. Knowing that there is not just one kind of beauty but many! Feeling beautiful in your own skin and being comfortable to take risks is also part of the equation. Forget “traditional beauty standards,” and let’s embrace setting your beauty free!
When I was younger, I would strive for the beauty I saw on TV. Diversity was limited then, so I didn’t see many people who looked like me. I wanted to have straight hair instead of my natural curls and I remember wishing that my lips were smaller. Can you imagine that? Smaller lips! Now I LOVE my curls and my full lips. I embrace my diversity and have learned to accentuate it instead of hide it.
One way I accentuate my beauty is with bold colors. I love a great statement lip, but for this beauty look inspired by fashion week season, I went for color on my eyes too! I used only Burt’s Bees products, which are natural and cruelty-free. Below are all the specific products I used and if you head to my Instagram Stories, you can even see my applying the look!
- Burt’s Bees Goodness Glows Liquid Makeup in Pecan & Chestnut- I used a mixture of both shades to match my summer skin.
- Burt’s Bees Mattifying Powder Foundation in Nutmeg
- Burt’s Bees Eyeshadow Palette Trio in Blooming Desert
- Burt’s Bees Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette
- Burt’s Bees Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil in Warm Brown
- Burt’s Bees Nourishing Mascara in Classic Black
- Burt’s Bees All Aglow Lip & Cheek Stick in Dahlia Dew
- Burt’s Bees All Aglow Bronzer & Highlighter Stick in Golden Shimmer
- Burt’s Bees Liquid Lipstick in Rushing Rose (P.S. – There are 18 vibrant shades to choose from with six on-trend, gilded shades exclusively at CVS Pharmacy)
Shop The Post