Summer is the best time of the year to catch up on some reading. It’s also a great time to update your home decor with some colorful, interesting books! That’s why I’ve compiled my 12 favorite summer reads currently on the market. Books that are perfect to read on vacation and coffee table books sure to keep your guests entertained and your home decor vibrant. Happy Reading!
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie • $7.95
Based on a TEDx Talk of the same name, this insightful essay by author Adiche, defines what feminism means today based on her own experiences and awareness of the taboos of gender inequality.
- Chic Stays: Condé Nast Traveller’s Favorite People On Their Favorite Places • $85
A compilation travel guide with contributions from well-known actors, writers, musicians and other popular figures (e.g. Kate Moss, Sofia Coppola, Jason Wu, and etc) that will awaken the travel bug in anyone.
- The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo • $16.99
A self-help book by Japanese cleaning consultant Marie Kondo that introduces a new kind of method for simplifying and organizing your home and overall lifestyle.
- Eat Beautiful by Wendy Rowe • $30
A clean-eating cookbook by beauty expert Wendy Rowe that includes over 70 recipes that include natural and fresh ingredients to help nourish the skin from the inside out.
- Your Inner Critic Is A Big Jerk: And Other Truths About Being Creative by Danielle Krysa • $16.95
A book by artist Danielle Krysa that encourages the creativity and inner artist in everyone with personal anecdotes and advice from other successful artists.
- Little Book Of Life Hacks by Yumi Sakugawa• $19.99
A beautifully illustrated guide with helpful tips and fun ideas for self-improvement and self-care (e.g. skin-care remedies, DIY projects, and etc).
- Ultimate Travel: The 500 Best Places On The Planet by Lonely Planet • $24.99
A travel photo book (by the Lonely Planet’s best travel experts) that ranks the best places to visit, as well as unravel many hidden gems around the world.
- The Wes Anderson Collection by Matt Zoller Seitz • $40
A beautifully-complied book that includes content from all of director Wes Anderson’s filmography with exclusive interviews, original illustrations, and never-before-seen set photography.
- Bowie A-Z: The Life Of An Icon From Aladdin Sane To Ziggy Stardust by Steve Wide • $14.95
An illustrated “A to Z” handbook about artist and cultural icon David Bowie with obscure facts and trivia about his career and personal life.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood • $10.10
The inspiration behind the hit-series on Hulu with the same name, The Handmaid’s Tale is a dystopian novel set in the near future in which Offred (a handmaid) must live under a fundamentalist regime where women are stripped of all rights.
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur • $8.99
A collection of heart-felt poems about heartache, pain, survival, and healing based on author Rupi Kaur’s own experiences.
- Modern Lovers by Emma Straub • $12.21
A witty novel that follows a group of close college friends/once-bandmates and their present day lives into their 50’s, truly showing what it finally means to grow up while incorporating the undying excitement of youth, shock of middle age, and the absurdities of contemporary life.