Baby, it’s cold outside! And I love tequila (and chocolate), so why not combine my two loves for a tasty treat that’s perfect for the holidays. Make the virgin version for your underaged friends and family and a big batch of the tequila version to keep you warm and toasty! This is rich, yummy, real-deal hot chocolate and I hope you love it as much as I do. Enjoy!
- 3 cups almond milk or whole milk (I used whole)
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks + more for garnish
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (about 70%), finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar
- 2 to 3 ounces Partida añejo tequila
- whipped cream + cinnamon for garnish
Place milk, cinnamon sticks and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. When it simmers, set mixture aside to steep for at least 10 minutes or until the mixture is flavored to the level you like.
Slightly modified from this recipe
Please drink responsibly